Right now, for obvious reasons, the wedding industry is a shambles. It’s impossible for couples to plan their wedding day with any certainty – venues and suppliers simply can’t guarantee anything as rules and restrictions seem to come, go and change almost weekly.
We’ve heard lots of stories of couples who have lost deposits paid to suppliers and have been wondering how to reassure couples who want to secure their date with us – at no risk to them or us.
So – for the foreseeable, we’re allowing couples to reserve their dates throughout 2020/2021 without paying any deposit. If you have to cancel due to government rules, we’ll refund it.
We’ll sign an agreement to that effect which 100% protects you, and locks your proposed date in.
Why can we do this? Simply because we’re not just wedding photographers. Those relying solely on weddings have really suffered this year. The pandemic hit us right at the start of the wedding season and some photographers have taken full payments from lots of brides, and simply don’t have the funds to refund everybody. It really is a rotten situation. Our good luck is that we run a busy portrait studio, and with a little notice, we can always fill a weekend with family sessions if you do have to cancel. This means we can be very flexible on deposit and payment terms as weddings are not our only income.
So here’s our offer to try and help out… No deposit until 3 months before your wedding day – which we’ll change or refund if the rules change to prevent your wedding going ahead. Pay the balance after your wedding day.
How do you book?
- Call us for a chat and to ask any questions you may have.
- We’ll arrange for you to come along and meet us at our Studio at Ramsgate Royal Harbour to discuss options and plans.
- Whilst you’re here, we’ll take some engagement photos and include a mounted print for you as a gift.
- We’ll sign a no-obligation booking agreement for your date.
- 3 Months before your date, we’ll talk, and if all’s well, you pay your £250.00 refundable deposit.
- You can pay us either before or after the wedding day.
- Once we’ve photographed your wedding and you’ve made payment, we’ll provide you the image files and/or album, and upload your files to an online gallery for friends/family to see as well.
This is a personal offer from Emma and I which we hope addresses the very real concerns of couples trying to plan their weddings. It relies on good faith on both sides and we’re taking a calculated gamble in changing our terms and conditions so dramatically – but these are unprecedented times and 2021 could well be the first time for a very long time that there may not be enough wedding photographers to go around!
We look forward to hearing from you – give us a call for a chat!
Russ & Emma